I guess one could say one of the fundamental laws of Geekdom is that you have to choose a side. Either Fantasy or Sci-Fi, and that those, like myself who refuse to choose, are just not worthy of the Geek title. It appears that Bioware is trying to bridge that gap. By offering exclusive items to two of the most anticipated RPG’s of the upcoming year.
While Dragon Age is Fantasy and Mass Effect 2 is Sci-Fi they are both looking like they could possible be some of the best RPG’s yet. IS this enough to bridge the eternal gap between Fantasy fans and Sci-Fi fans? Only time will tell, but trust me this is a situation were sitting on the fence is a good thing.
If you pre-order the game you will get a Bonus XBOX360 exclusive item:
Reserve Dragon Age Origins and receive a code to download Blood Dragon Armor, a full set of armor that grants exceptional protection in combat. Activate the code in Dragon Age: Origins and the Blood Dragon Armor will also be available for use in BioWare’s upcoming science fiction epic, Mass Effect 2. Available online and in-store while supplies last.
There is also a collector’s editions that offers some more in game goodies:
- Tin case.
- Bonus DVD including:
- A making of documentary
- Concept art video
- Strategy tips
- Cloth map.
- 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
- Bergen’s Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack).
- Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read.
- Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage).
- “The Stone Prisoner” unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale.
- Exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2.
For more info check out the Dragon Age official site.