Monsters Inc. still sits near the top of my list as one of my favourite Pixar movies. It’s a movie I let my young children watch because it shows them monsters just want to make you laugh and not hurt you. My kids have never had a monster nightmare and
sometimes even pretend to be one themselves.
There’s good news M-Inc. fans like. It’s finally coming to Blu-ray. On a day we’ll unofficially call Pixar Day 2009.
Disney/Pixar’s Animated Classic Available
For the First Time in Blu-ray High Definition!
On 2-Disc Disney Blu-ray Hi Def + DisneyFile Digital Copy November 10, 2009,
Available for the SRP of $39.99
ALL NEW BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES
- Filmmakers Round Table
- Filmmakers Pete Docter, Lee Unkrich, Darla Anderson, and Bob Peterson reflect on the creation of the film, and share their most memorable anecdotes.
- MONSTERS, INC. RIDE AND GO SEEK: BUILDING MONSTROPOLIS IN TOKYO
- A sneak peak of the newest Monsters attraction in Tokyo Disneyland, with exclusive interviews of the artists and engineers behind the ride.
- ROZ’S 100 DOOR CHALLENGE (INTERACTIVE GAME)
- Think you have what it takes to be a Monsters, Inc. employee? Roz will be the judge of that with her 100 Door Challenge. Deal with whatever is behind each new door. It could be a puzzle, a trivia question, a mini-game . . . it could be crazy! Do your best. Your future employment at Monsters, Inc. hangs in the balance.
- BD-LIVE FEATURES
- DISNEY FILE DIGITAL COPY FOR iTUNES AND WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER
PLUS ORIGINAL DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- Academy Award® nominated short film “Mike’s New Car“ (With Audio Commentary By Directors)
- Academy Award® winning short film “For the Birds” (With Audio Commentary By Director)
- Banished Concepts
- Storyboard To Film Comparison
- Monster file
- Animation Gag Reel 1: Sulley/Boo/Waternoose
- Animation Gag Reel 2: Giraffe Gag
- Animation Gag Reel 3: Sulley Bowling Boo
MONSTERS, INC. BLU-RAY DISC PRODUCT DETAILS:
STREET DATE: November 10, 2009
Direct pre-book: 9/15/09
Distributor pre-book: 9/29/09
Suggested Retail Price: $45.99; $52.99 Canada
Feature run time: 95 minutes
The following technical specifications may only apply to feature:
Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
Video: 1080p, Widescreen
Sound: 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, 5.1 Dolby Digital English, French, Spanish
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios