Right now I bet that Michael Bay is laughing at the critics that tore apart Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. In fact, Transformers 2 currently has the largest opening of 2009, 2nd largest 5-day opening and 2nd fastest to $200-million only behind last years behemoth The Dark Knight.
I understand that early today he got a new pool installed. Picture inside
Before you check out his new pool have a gander at the top 5 at the box office:
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Paramount (DreamWorks)) – 112.0 million
- The Proposal (Buena Vista) – $18.5 million
- The Hangover (Warner Bros.) – $17.2 million
- Up (Buena Vista) – $13.0 million
- My Sister’s Keeper (Warner Bros.) – $12.0 million
The top per theatre take goes out to The Hurt Locker, which managed $36k with only 4 theatres vs. Transformers 4k+ theatres and$ 26k.
Now, check out this pool. I think he likes it!