Happy April Fool’s Day faithful Eye Crave readers! Although this day is frought with the inevitable hazard of internet claims and statements which seek to punk us hardcore film enthusiasts, I assure you that this is no prank.
Paramount has chosen a strange day to release a full list of details regarding the digital cast to be included in the upcoming Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen release, due to hit theatres June 24th. So, without wasting any more time with banter on the subject, I give you THE LIST courtesy of Yahoo! Movies:
- OPTIMUS PRIME: The Autobots’ leader – alternate form: Peterbilt truck
- IRONHIDE: Weapons specialist – GMC Topkick.
- RATCHET: Medic – Hummer H2.
- BUMBLEBEE: Friend and mode of transportation for Sam Witwicky – 2010 Chevorlet Camaro.
- ARCEE: A female Autobot – motorcycle.
- JETFIRE: An older Decepticon who switches sides – SR71 Blackbird jet.
- JOLT: the original toy was a Decepticon, but in the movie he’s a good guy – Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid.
- KID & MUDFLAP: a.k.a. “The Twins” – Chevrolet Beat and Trax concept cars.
- STARSCREAM: Formerly Megatron’s second in command, he escaped at the end of the first movie; F-22 Raptor jet.
- SCORPONOK: The mechanical scorpion that attacked the American troops in the desert.
- THE FALLEN: One of the original Transformers, he’s called “the most elemental bad guy” by the screenwriters.
- SIDEWAYS: The Audi R8 seen crashing through a building in the trailer.
- SOUNDWAVE: A cassette player in the original toys; his alternate mode will fly.
- RAVAGE: A four-legged, cat-like robot. (pictured below)
- THE DOCTOR: Alternate form has not been announced.
- WHEELIE: A small, radio-controlled truck.
- DEMOLISHER: One of the Constructicons that transform into construction vehicles.
- DEVASTATOR: A giant robot formed by the Constructicons joining together; individually, they are: Scavenger, Scrapper, Hightower, Longhaul, Rampage, Overload and Mixmaster.
Personally, I can already feel a slow adrenaline drip being injected into my nervous system just from the thought of what kind of action could be featured in the film. With so many robotic characters included in the film, this summer, the streets will run red with… Castro oil!