“This movie should suck, but it doesn’t!” – Jon Stewart
James McAvoy leads a strong cast of Academy Award winners with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman assassinating anyone who gets in the way when WANTED hits DVD and Blu-ray just in time for Christmas.
Full DVD and Blu-ray details and cover art are inside.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, OWN THE 2-DISC DVD & BLU-RAY HI-DEF WITH DIGITAL COPY ON DECEMBER 2, 2008 FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Toronto, ON, October 21, 2008 – James McAvoy (Atonement) and Academy Award® winners Angelina Jolie (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) and Morgan Freeman (Dark Knight) star in the sexy, visually stunning, action thrill-ride Wanted, coming to DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def on December 2, 2008 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Visionary filmmaker Timur Bekmambetov, creator of Day Watch and Night Watch, two of the most successful films in the history of Russian cinema, brings his incomparable imagination and innovative cinematic style to bear on the explosive story of an ordinary man transformed by destiny into a powerful assassin. Based on Mark Millar’s explosive graphic novel series, Wanted blazes new cinematic trails with double-barreled surprises around every corner. Director Bekmambetov leads his extraordinary cast, which also includes Thomas Kretschmann (King Kong), Terence Stamp (Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace) and Common (American Gangster), through a twisted maze of intrigue packed with two-fisted action.
With its visually inventive effects, experience Wanted at its best on Blu-ray Hi-Def. With picture perfect visuals and flawless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound, the high definition version of Wanted can be viewed on any Blu-ray player or PlayStation®3. Only on Blu-ray Hi-Def, fans can get an exclusive look at the film’s never-before-seen alternate opening, go deeper into the making of the film’s mind-blowing effects in crystal clear high definition, and via the power of BD-Live, host a text chat with friends while watching the movie in synchronization.
Wanted is available in several home entertainment versions, including single-disc widescreen and full frame DVD editions, 2-disc Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def versions, and deluxe collector’s sets. The limited edition 2-disc versions and collector’s sets include a digital copy of the film. Perfect for holiday gift-giving, the deluxe collector’s set features collectible packaging pierced with a bullet, creating a shattering effect to the outer case. Fans will also enjoy the gift set’s photo book of assassins, collectible postcards and acrylic frame motion 3-D film cell. Wanted is priced at $36.99 SRP for the single-disc DVD, $40.99 SRP for the 2-disc Special Edition DVD, $46.99 SRP for the Blu-ray Hi-Def, $68.99 SRP for the DVD collector’s set, and $76.99 for the Blu-ray collector’s edition set. Preorder close is October 14, 2008.
ALL THE MOST WANTED BONUS FEATURES
The 2-disc Special Edition DVD, Blu-ray Hi-Def and collector’s sets are packed with over an hour of exciting bonus features, including:
- Extended Scene – Be the first to view this killer extended scene from Wanted.
- Cast and Characters – Go behind the scenes with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann and Common as they discuss their roles in the film and their experiences on set.
- Stunts on the L Train – Stunt coordinators Nick Gillard and Mic Rodgers explain how cast members Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy performed the astounding elevated train stunt sequence.
- Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible – Special effects supervisor Dominic Tuohy explains how his team pulled off the stunning special effects throughout the film and how Angelina Jolie contributed to the action.
- Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution – A look at how the spectacular visual effects in the film were pre-visualized and executed.
- The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life – Creator Mark Millar, producer Marc Platt, director Timur Bekmambetov and screenwriters Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Chris Morgan discuss the original graphic novel and the process of adapting it for the big screen.
- Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov – A video portrait of director Timur Bekmambetov, featuring interviews with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Common, producer Marc Platt and the director himself.
- Wanted: Motion Comics – Watch as the graphic novel comes to life on screen with narration and sound effects.
- The Making of Wanted: The Game
- “The Little Things” Music Video Mash-Up (Please note this feature only appears on the 2-Disc Special Edition and the standard definition collector’s set.)
EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY HI-DEF
In addition to the aforementioned bonus features, all shown in high definition, the Wanted Blu-ray will also include the following bonus content:
- Alternate Opening – View this exclusive alternate opening, only on Blu-ray Hi-Def.
- Exclusive U-Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- Wanted: Motion Comics: See how the graphic novel compares to the movie in this real-time, side-by-side BD exclusive
- Scene Explorer: Explore the onscreen action from up to three different perspectives in this multi-angle feature.
- Assassins Profile: Get the high-tech low-down on each assassin’s strengths, weapons, and position with your own in-movie surveillance system.
- Picture in Picture: Access cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes moments while you watch the film.
- BD-Live – The new technology that allows viewers to connect to the Internet and access new exciting exclusive online and interactive features.
- My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Wanted on Blu-ray™ Hi-Def while you watch the movie in synchronization!
- My Wanted Commentary: Connect and Create. Ever wish you could create your own play-by-play movie commentary to share with friends? Here’s your chance. UniversalHiDef.com and the BD-Live Center combine to offer you the opportunity to create your own video, audio, or text commentary that you can share with all of your Buddies in the BD-Live community.
- My Scenes Sharing: Show your friends your favorite scenes from Wanted via BD-Live.
Wesley’s (James McAvoy) life is over – his pathetic, old one, anyway… Fortunately, it is all because of a girl. Enter sizzling-hot Fox (Angelina Jolie), who crashes into his life and introduces him to the Fraternity, a secret society of assassins, lead by the mysterious Sloan (Morgan Freeman). Seems Wes’s long-lost father was killed while working for the Fraternity and Wes has been selected to target the rogue member who murdered him. But before he can complete his assignment, Wes must first uncover the dark secrets behind the Fraternity in order to determine his own destiny.
WANTED: WEAPONS OF FATE INTERACTIVE GAME BLASTS INTO STORES IN 2009 Fans of the movie ‘Wanted’ can continue the thrilling action and visual style of the film in 2009 with ‘Wanted: Weapons of Fate’ the videogame on the Xbox 360® video game entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows®, and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The game, produced by Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group, published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developed by GRIN, picks up after the film with an original story and intense gameplay featuring iconic moves such as “Curving Bullets” and “Assassin Time” drawn directly from the film, as well as an innovative, multi-layered cover mechanic.
CAST AND FILMMAKERS
Directed by: Timur Bekmambetov
Screenplay by: Michael Brandt & Derek Hass and Chris Morgan Story by: Michael Brandt & Derek Haas Based on the Series of Comic Books by: Mark Millar and J.G. Jones Produced by: Marc Platt, Jim Lemley, Jason Netter, Iain Smith Executive Producers: Adam Siegel, Marc Silvestri, Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber Director of Photography: Mitchell Amundsen Production Designer: John Myhre Edited By: David Brenner, ACE
Co-Producers: Mark Millar, J.G. Jones, Chris Carlisle Costume Designer: Varya Avdyushko Music By: Danny Elfman
Cast: James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Terence Stamp, Thomas Kretschmann, Common and Angelina Jolie
Street Date: December 2, 2008
Pre-Order Close: October 14, 2008
Copyright: © 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Price: Single disc: $36.99 SRP
2-disc Special Edition: $40.99 SRP
Collector’s Set: $68.99 SRP
Blu-ray: $46.99 SRP
Blu-ray Collector’s Set: $76.99 SRP
Running Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Standard Definition: Dual
Blu-ray Hi-Def: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: Various
Rating: Rated 18A (for strong bloody violence throughout, pervasive language and some sexuality) Technical Info:
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 English/Spanish/French; English DVS Dolby Digital 2.0
Subititles: English SDH, Spanish, French
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English/DTS Surround 5.1 Spanish/French
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
About Universal Studios Home Entertainment Canada
Universal Studios Home Entertainment Canada is a division of Universal Studios Canada Inc. (www.universalstudioscanada.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates the No. 1 television network, the fastest-growing Spanish-language network, a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% controlled by Vivendi Universal.
- 1 2